Learn about their skills, job description, certifications and work experience with the Therapeutic Recreation Specialist Resume Sample.
What is Therapeutic Recreation?
Therapeutic recreation (TR) focuses on physical, mental, social and emotional health. The goal for this type of therapy is getting patients involved in an activity that will improve their quality of life. TR is often used in hospitals and retirement communities to help patients who are recovering from an illness or injury. It also helps people with disabilities continue to grow and maintain their independence while keeping relationships with family and friends strong.
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist Resume Sample 2022
|Format:||Word (Microsoft) & PDF|
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist Resume Writing
Compassionate and skilled Therapeutic Recreation Specialist who is excellent at assessing recreation needs for people who have varying disability levels.Has excellent interpersonal skills and works directly with clients to design appropriate recreation programs.Has a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy as well as full certification in Therapeutic Recreation from the NCTRC.
Summary of Qualificaations
- Certified Recreation Therapist with huge experience in recreation administration
- Thorough knowledge of therapeutic practices in patient care and management
- Outstanding knowledge of procedures for documentation and treatment planning
- Ability to plan and implement recreation therapy activities
- Remarkable ability to deal effectively with juveniles from diverse ethnic and sociological backgrounds
- Uncommon ability to observe and understand adolescent behavior
- Amazing ability to effectively diffuse potentially explosive confrontations between adolescents
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist Certifications (ctrs certification)
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
- First Aid, CPR and AED Instructor
- Music Therapist – Board Certified (MT-BC)
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist – Company Name Sample, City, State | 2023- Present
- Organized, planned and implemented recreation and therapeutic activities.
- Provided direct supervision to all consumers participating in the recreation and therapeutic programs.
- Coordinated, prepared and disseminated monthly consumer activities calendar.
- Implemented Individual Program Plans, consumer progress notes and Overall Plan of Service.
- Maintained accurate consumer records and files with reports as to consumer progress.
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist – Xyz Company Name, City, State | 2019 – 2021
- Adapted activities to enable individuals with disabilities to participate.
- Overseen maintenance of charts and documents of goal related activities.
- Compiled statistical data relevant to attendance and participation of members.
- Implemented program policies and procedures.
- Provided conditions that maximized safety for co-workers and program participants.